To Commission Works or Purchase Previous Multimedia Compositions, Contact Joseph at josephahlman@earthlink.net

Monday, February 22, 2010

Page Door Books: You Don't Scare Me Dad

I am pleased to announce the release of a NEW series of books called, Page Door Books. These are crafted to facilitate parents reading to their children. Personally, I have many fond memories of my mother reading to me. Now, that I am a father, I place my children on my knee and read them books galore. I know each page I turn for them will open up a door.


I believe this deeply. Moreover, I believe that choosing the right books can reach deep into the heart where souls touch. Herein something passes between generations, something which cannot be transmitted through modern media. It cannot be downloaded off the web, substituted with surrogates, or disseminated in a pill. It is simple face to face communication--socially integrating and spiritually grounding. It is love, passion, purpose, and perspective. It is the pollination of thoughts, impressions, and feelings.


As a child, my favorite stories were always those with a moral or clever twist that sparked my imagination. As an adult, my tastes have not changed. Hence, I have endeavored to capture this in each and every offering--to create books that parents will enjoy reading to their children, rather than regurgitating the monotonous drone and singsong slurry of condescending kinder blather. Children are smart and receptive. Their sense of wonder and awe leads them to incessantly ask, “why?” I am often astounded by the Socratic inquiry of my children, and have found creative ways to engage them. This is the goal of Page Door Books.


The first offering in the series is called, You Don’t Scare Me Dad. It is set against a Halloween theme, wherein the precocious Princess frustrates all of her fathers attempts to scare her. Their playful banter ultimately reveals a loving relationship. Yet the story ends with an unexpected twist. It teaches that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, that love casts out fear, and that we need not hide from family behind masks. Above all it is a fun story.


For More Information visit: grafxpress.blogspot.com



Hard Cover (full color) 11 x 8.5" for US$49.95

Soft Cover (full color) 8 x 6" for US$24.95


All of these editions can be drop shipped directly to your home or sent as a gift to another. The print on demand process also allows the purchaser to include a special dedication and/or short message to the recipient at the bottom of the title page, (only available on hard cover edition.)


For example:


Special Commemoration:

Given as a gift to Jane Doe on Halloween. Love, Dad.


Shipping cost US$9.95 virtually anywhere in the continental United States.


To Place an Order Email:

grafxpresspublishing@earthlink.net


No comments:

Post a Comment